To explore the Eastern Townships is to shine a light on a rich and vibrant landscape. With mountains worthy of the top competitive skiing and cycling events, a “terroir” that is unique in the world, activities for every season. The area where the Club des Cantons chose to build its estate, the Townships are a hidden treasure waiting to be discovered.
Bromont, the door to the Townships.
Ski Bromont is THE most favoured year-round centre in all its various attractions: skiing, evening skiing, Water Park and mountain biking.
Ski Bromont is the largest night skiing area in America, with 450 acres of skiable terrain, 156 trails and glades and spread over 7 hillslides, 9 chairlifts, more than 1000 snow guns, and guaranteed conditions day and night.
In the summer, it’s a waterpark with 25 aquatic and other attractions, including a heated wave pool measuring almost 24,000 square feet, rafting rivers, kilometers of water slides, and challenging alpine luges.
From May to October, enjoy the largest mountain biking area in Eastern Canada with 19 downhill slopes of all levels, a permanent 4-cross track, and one of the most beautiful bike parks in Québec.
- Club d’Équitation de Bromont (CEB)
- The International Bromont, held Annually, a World Cup qualifying competition.
- The Bromont Three Day Event welcomes a number of Olympic champions each year
- Bromont International Driving, held annually,
the competition is regularly a selection trial for the Canadian and American (USDA) teams competing for qualification for the World Cup final.
- Exceptional boarding and training facilities
- Official site of the Montreal Hunt Club/Club de Chasse à Courre de Montréal, the oldest sporting club in America, founded in 1826
- Host of the equestrian competitions at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Host of the 2018 World Equestrian Games
CYCLING AND MOUNTAIN BIKING
- Touring and racing: Centre National de cyclisme de l’Est du Canada
- Recreation and tourism: crossed by l’Estriade and at the heart of the Route Verte du Quebec which is ranked No. 1 on the National Geographic Society list of top 10 cycle routes
- Mountain biking,
- # 1 site in Quebec
- Regular site of national and international competitions
- Site of the annual Québec championship
- Trails galore
- Located at the foot of Mount Brome, le parc aquatique de Bromont, with its huge wave pool, which opened in 2009, and its mountain biking activities, attracts a summer clientele to rival its winter skiing clientele
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Le Chapiteau: a performance venue that draws a variety of artists all summer long.
REGIONAL TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
- Tourisme Cantons de l’Est
- The Wine Route
- Lake Memphremagog, a large lake over 40 km long, and straddling the U.S. border, has its southernmost tip located in Vermont. It is the resort area of the Montréal Establishment
- Lac Brome (Knowlton), just 15 minutes from Bromont, has also been a favorite spot of Montréal’s established families for more than a century
- Lac Massawipi, 45 minutes away, was already attracting American visitors in search of calm and beauty at the turn of the last century
- Granby Amazoo : zoo of international repute, which draws over 1 million visitors annually
- Numerous villages and towns founded by Loyalists in the 18th and early 19th centuries today offer visitors an architectural treasure trove from that era:
- North Hatley
- Bromont (formerly West Shefford)